POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : finish emission : Re: finish emission Server Time
4 May 2024 11:00:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: finish emission
From: clipka
Date: 8 Sep 2016 04:08:30
Message: <57d11c7e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.09.2016 um 07:16 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.3#Using_Emission
>
> Is emission always a single number, or does it take a color vector too?
> I have emission 1 in my scene and am wondering if I should use a light
> source's color value as well.

The emission can be a colour, but it is automatically multiplied by the
pigment colour. So to get a coloured emission, you can _either_ use a
white pigment and set `emission` to the desired colour, _or_ use a
pigment of the desired colour and set `emission` to a float.

And yes, you should indeed do one of these things in a looks_like object
if the light source itself isn't white.