POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rounded block section, isosurface equivalent : Re: Rounded block section, isosurface equivalent Server Time
27 Apr 2024 23:07:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounded block section, isosurface equivalent
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 6 Sep 2016 04:28:14
Message: <57ce7e1e$1@news.povray.org>
Le 05/09/2016 à 22:24, StephenS a écrit :
> I saw this from the isosurface tutorial, but was not sure how to fit,
> abs(x-Radius/2)-Radius/2+Block_gap, to it.

The problem is that abs(...) is from a BOX code, with two parallel
planes. You only need one plane for your rounded block, because the
other "side" is circular and done with the sqrt() part.

abs(x - Foo) - Foo : it is for a box with x from 0 to 2*Foo.

Just solve the equation for 0 (all the isosurface is in the negative
domain of the function):
For x = 0, the value is 0.
For x = Foo, the value is -Foo, so inside
For x = 2Foo, the value is 0.

But you do not need the wall at 2Foo. so forget abs().