POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Texture testing needed : Re: Texture testing needed Server Time
16 May 2024 00:36:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture testing needed
From: clipka
Date: 1 Sep 2016 11:52:42
Message: <57c84eca$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.09.2016 um 16:46 schrieb William F Pokorny:

> FYI - I was able to track the change in brilliance > 1 behavior all the
> way back to commit :
>
> 54b283a - Improved finish features for more realism:
>
> of July 23, 2014!
>
> Good news is I believe refactor/texture has it right.

That commit shouldn't have changed a thing for existing scenes; all the
added features should require extra keywords to enable: Radiosity
support for brilliance, for instance, should require `brilliance on` in
the radiosity block.

BTW, with all the updates you have sent, I notice that I'm losing track
of which differences in output you've noticed between our "cornerstone"
versions (official 3.7.0, feature/texture branch, and recent master
branch), what features you have found to be involved in those
differences, and what you have already managed to dig up about the exact
commit that changed the behaviour. If you could give me a summary, that
would be highly welcome.

(Sorry if I'm pestering you with this; I want you to know that your
research into this matter is very much appreciated.)