POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fillets and rounded corners : Re: fillets and rounded corners Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:44:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fillets and rounded corners
From: clipka
Date: 31 Aug 2016 03:49:55
Message: <57c68c23$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.08.2016 um 21:50 schrieb lelama:

> Does povray knows for each pixel on the rendered image to which surface it
> corresponds and what is the normal at this point ? I suppose yes. If so, this is
> maybe possible to do something on the rendered image...

Nope; at the time POV-Ray assembles the image, it has already forgotten
entirely how it came up with the colour values for the individual pixels.

"Knowing for each pixel to which surface it corresponds" is also far
less trivial than it sounds; take a glass sphere, for example: Does the
pixel correspond to the surface of the sphere, or rather to the object
behind it? And what about that other object seen as a reflection?