POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu : Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu
From: dick balaska
Date: 30 Aug 2016 02:43:23
Message: <57c52b0b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-08-28 16:19, also sprach clipka:
> Am 28.08.2016 um 21:26 schrieb dick balaska:
>
> Instead, I would claim that it is bad practice to have multiple scenes
> in a single directory.

I agree. I don't actually have multiple scenes in a single directory.  I
have a tree with the entire movie, lots of common subdirectories, and a
single subdirectory for each scene.

I do have multiple .ini files per scene though.  Minimally I chomp the
scenes at 480### [at] 23976 fps and 720p@30 fps (separate .inis) and I have
test.ini to sometimes focus on whatever piece I'm working on. Like, just
exercise the mushroom cloud generator.

I felt bad because my tree is

+- tteo
|  |
|  +- tteo.pov
|  +- direct.inc
|  +- beats.inc
|  +- debug.inc

+- ttco

    +- ttco.pov
    +- direct.inc
    +- beats.inc
    +- debug.inc

and the povclipse parser totally doesn't care what directory direct.inc
is in.  It just uses the first one it finds.

I felt bad about this until I noticed that the eclipse php parser
suffers the same flaw.  If it's broken enough for them, it's broken
enough for me.  So now I have directTteo.inc and directTtco.inc

--
dik