POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu : Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu Server Time
28 Apr 2024 05:39:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu
From: clipka
Date: 28 Aug 2016 16:19:52
Message: <57c34768$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.08.2016 um 21:26 schrieb dick balaska:

>> I keep POVRAY.INI files (for clock and frame data) for each segment of
>> the
>> animation, so when I have finished putting it all together I can
>> re-render each
>> segment at a higher resolution.
>>
>> That would have taken me ages to find. Your help is invaluable.
>>

> Multiple POVRAY.INI files is bad form.  Rather, you should have separate
> named ini files and then specify the one you want on the command line.
>
> My animation has 5 scenes, and the local .ini files for each scene each
> contain
> master pov file to render
> number of frames in scene.
>
> It sounds like you are doing something similar, except naming them all
> POVRAY.INI
>
> Minimally, you should rename them to scene0.ini, scene1.ini, etc.

I would disagree.

Instead, I would claim that it is bad practice to have multiple scenes
in a single directory.

With only a single scene per directory, there is nothing wrong with
naming the corresponding .ini file `povray.ini`. It even has one major
advantage: You can invoke the render via the .pov file, and the
scene-specific .ini settings will still be respected.