POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu : Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu Server Time
28 Apr 2024 01:34:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu
From: dick balaska
Date: 28 Aug 2016 15:26:43
Message: <57c33af3$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-08-28 06:12, also sprach Giridhari:
> THANKYOU so much!
>
> That was it. The INI you noticed had 800x600 defined in it.
>
> I keep POVRAY.INI files (for clock and frame data) for each segment of the
> animation, so when I have finished putting it all together I can re-render each
> segment at a higher resolution.
>
> That would have taken me ages to find. Your help is invaluable.

Multiple POVRAY.INI files is bad form.  Rather, you should have separate
named ini files and then specify the one you want on the command line.

My animation has 5 scenes, and the local .ini files for each scene each
contain
master pov file to render
number of frames in scene.

It sounds like you are doing something similar, except naming them all
POVRAY.INI

Minimally, you should rename them to scene0.ini, scene1.ini, etc.

--
dik