POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu : Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu Server Time
28 Apr 2024 14:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay image size not being set by drop-down menu
From: clipka
Date: 27 Aug 2016 23:41:42
Message: <57c25d76$1@news.povray.org>
Am 28.08.2016 um 05:06 schrieb Giridhari:

> How can I get POVRay to follow the drop-down menu again?
> Interestingly, when I load one of the demonstration POV files, this DOES render
> in 512x384, as specified by the drop-down menu. Can anyone tell me what is
> happening?

First of all, we need to know what operating system you are using and,
ideally, what version of POV-Ray.

I presume you're not using the Linux version.

However, I can't imagine how POV-Ray for Windows would simply ignore
both the POVRAY.INI and quickres.ini (aka resolutions ini file), so I'd
like to rule out that you're using a Mac OS version (in which case we
can't provide support, sorry).

If we're talking about a Windows version...:

- Make sure you don't have any resolution settings in the command-line
field.

- Make sure you're not invoking the render via an .ini file, or if you
do, that the .ini file does not have any resolution settings.

- Let us know how exactly you are running the render.

- Post the contents of the "Messages" window (after you've started the
render) here.