POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
27 Jun 2024 20:47:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 11 Aug 2016 17:57:51
Message: <57acf4df$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

Am 11.08.2016 um 13:22 schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Yours is  a very ambitious project indeed and I admire your dedication.
> I think that makes the use of all those different goodies more
> difficult. Even so, I have not used 1/10th of what I have in store and I
> probably forgot about the use of most of them. Exploring them sometimes
> leads to unexpected developments.

There really should be an Academy of Raytraced Art, devoted entirely to
POV-Ray and its further development... perhaps somewhen around 2350, on
Whatmough...

>>> Uncle Ken did better in his time and also online.

"In his time"? Is he no longer among us?

> Yes. As things are standing now, many smart tricks presented here are
> again lost over time and sometimes 'rediscovered' years later. The
> Object Collection would be a good start but there are problems with the
> security there I believe.

And all these efforts should be centralized at povray.org, not on the
private webspace of any single POVer...

> Good but often confusing. I simply restrict myself to the bare
> necessities. I simply have not the (mental) capacity to overview them
> all, not even speaking of the available time.

Life is definitely too short for POV-Ray! This alone should be a reason
to expand human lifespan to centuries or even millennia using any
available technology! Just imagine what we all could code until, let's
say 3000!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar