POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
27 Jun 2024 20:49:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 11 Aug 2016 05:18:47
Message: <57ac42f7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 10.08.2016 09:24, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> Hm... info:
> Considering only POV-Ray, I currently have a collection of about 256
> different authors, each one contributing at least one macro or inc or
> pov file. The oldest contribution must be somewhen in the late 1990's...

Same with me - at least in the order of magnitude. But unlike you, I've
not even started to use them... it's difficult to integrate them all in
the concept of POVghanistan or even POVEarth... believe or not: even
after 21 years of dabbling with POV-Ray, I'm still only at the beginning
when it comes to technical skills...

> Uncle Ken did better in his time and also online.

Yes, I in fact think a full-blown POV-Ray images and code database
should be put into reality!

> The problem is losing track of course. I have some index, which is not
> really up-to-date and would need work, and I am far from complete having
> only collected what I find personally interesting and potentially useful
> for a future project.

The web bulges with POV-Ray and general 3D resources, it's enough to
make your brain hurt... one of the few good things about the Internet!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Night Suit (John Foxx)