POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Mule in the Lowlands : The Mule in the Lowlands Server Time
2 May 2024 17:54:46 EDT (-0400)
  The Mule in the Lowlands
From: Ive
Date: 9 Aug 2016 16:44:41
Message: <57aa40b9@news.povray.org>
While working on an entry for the TC Metal Monster round I got totally
sidetracked: I had the mesh model for the mule created by Gordon Robb
lying around for quite some time but all my attempts to import the LWO
mesh did result in mostly corrupted triangles and lost uv-coordinates so
finally I "quickly" modeled the beast in Wings3d by myself.
Rendered with MC-Pov it is first of all a study for painted, scratched,
dirty and rusty metal textures and while some look quite right others
didn't turn out as good as I had hoped for.
Tried it first with UberPOV but - as I'm getting more and more impatient
in my old days - it is too slow for all the layered textures where all
of them use blurred reflections.
And no, the Mule is not meant to be part of my Metal Monster entry but
now I'm pretty sure to miss the deadline there...

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'the mule.jpg' (471 KB)