POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
29 Jun 2024 05:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Aug 2016 10:36:27
Message: <57a898eb@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2016 3:12 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> It is a bit tedious that's true.
>> It is also very easy to miss out a step.
>
> Yes.  I am (usually) a big fan of checklists.

Unless something is going to go bang. I am not, I am afraid.

>> We really need a simpler method of creating df3s. IIRC there is a
>> Proximity Pattern that creates and uses df3s called df3prox-0.95 that
>> might be worth looking at.
>
> I missed the whole proximity pattern phase of interest and development.
> No real idea of what they are, what they do, or how they work.

The idea is to add dirt/staining to edges, junctions of surfaces etc.
You might be interested in this thread.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4aa83e6a37d8ab92c83e2c410%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=323317

>> By the time you get back from work I should have posted some examples of
>> a media filled mesh. I can get it to work after a fashion.
>>
>> If you are interested I will upload the obj, mtl and image files so you
>> can play with them.
>
> Most excellent.

I've zipped the dragon and the Lady. Both files are about 5.5 Meg
I'll find a site that I can upload them to and post the link.
Otherwise I can use a site that will post the via email.

I managed to upload the dragon file to povray.binaries.misc
But the other is too large. (5.5 vs 5.7 meg)

> obj is ... Bishop?  Poseray?  both?
> is mtl a Moray file?

*.obj is the geometry file, *.mtl is the textures referenced by the obj
file. Both are text and human readable.

Use PoseRay to convert them to a Pov.inc file.

I had to reduce the resolution of the images or the file size would have
been > 22 meg.

--

Regards
     Stephen