POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:53:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Stephen
Date: 8 Aug 2016 08:11:50
Message: <57a87706$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/8/2016 12:13 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
>
>> Sory, it's just not possible. DF3 support 1, 2 or 3 bytes per voxel, but
>> always in a single channel gray levels.
>
> Given what Stephen resorts to doing...

It is a bit tedious that's true.
It is also very easy to miss out a step.
We really need a simpler method of creating df3s. IIRC there is a
Proximity Pattern that creates and uses df3s called df3prox-0.95 that
might be worth looking at.

> DISCLAIMER:
> This is all just a pipe-dream that I'm having on a Monday morning, before
> coffee, without inside knowledge of how Moray or Bishop handle data, or how
> DF3's get encoded.
> :)

What's with the before coffee, thing?
Mad I call you. Mad. :)

By the time you get back from work I should have posted some examples of
a media filled mesh. I can get it to work after a fashion.

If you are interested I will upload the obj, mtl and image files so you
can play with them.

--

Regards
     Stephen