POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
2 Jun 2024 12:06:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Alain
Date: 7 Aug 2016 14:47:38
Message: <57a7824a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16-08-07 à 07:00, Thomas de Groot a écrit :
> On 7-8-2016 11:30, Stephen wrote:
>> On 8/7/2016 8:30 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> The foreground is where I imagine the Scorpions to be and we need to
>>> consider their scale with regards to the environment.
>>>
>>> Much to do but exciting!
>>>
>>> This may perhaps help already: the media used for the atmosphere:
>>>
>>> //start code
>>

>> What are the dimensions of you atmosphere media container?
>>

> AtmosScale above: <10, 10, 10>  ;-) and scaled <5, 1.0, 5> This last
> does not influence changes too much.
>
> I have been thinking that emissive media are not influenced by the
> container scale or are they? I seem to remember that obly scattering is
> influenced...

If you scale the container with the media, then, that scaling will
affect any media contained. Emissive media will become brighter,
absorbing media may become totally opaque.

If you want the media effect to remain unchanged, then you always need
to adjust the density of the media by the inverse of the scaling. Scale
up by 10, reduce the density or base colour by 10.