POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
17 May 2024 19:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Aug 2016 11:13:32
Message: <57a7501c@news.povray.org>
On 8/7/2016 3:44 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> How are you combining the 3 different channels of media?
> I tried defining 3 boxes with different colored interiors, and it seems that the
> current box seems to "overwrite" the previous box.
>
> Drat this blasted media thing !!!!
> You kids and your fancy new-fangled gadgetry.
> Never satisfied with the simpler things in life.
> When I was a kid, we didn't even have spheres to render with - we had amorphous
> rocks with whatever texture was available.  And they were all drab.
> And it was good enough for us.  AND we liked it.
>
> "Media."   Harrrumph!

The youth of today. :P

They say a picture is worth a thousand lines of code. Well at least I do.

I use three media in one interior.
I would post the code but it is messy. I have to overwrite the code
Bishop3d exports with the code modified to run direct from Pov.
Both Bishop3d and Moray export a pov file for each frame and it takes
PovRay 16 seconds to save the scene. Creating the tga files to make the
df3's would take Bishop3d about an hour and a half to export 100 frames
times 3 for each channel.

--

Regards
     Stephen