POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
3 May 2024 10:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Aug 2016 19:09:19
Message: <57a66e1f$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/6/2016 9:24 PM, LanuHum wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> I don't know if the book mentions her complexion but emission looks better.
>> I'm going to redo this from the start using what I've learned.
>> At the moment getting the positions right is next to impossible. So I
>> will re-export from Poser and rework it in PoseRay.
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>

> How to make a hologram? All write about proprietary programs.
> How do poor people do this? I live in Russia, I have no money.

Hi LanuHum, thanks for the interest.
What I am trying to do is to use emissive media using a density file.
I have created a density file for each R, G, B channel by running an
animation in PovRay. That (as Mr Eagle hints is similar in technique to
a CT scan) takes a series of slices of a model (in this case a Poser mesh).
These images in (TGA format) are stitched together using a DOS utility
called tga2df3.exe to create a df3 file.
One additional step is to take each tga file and copy the values of the
used colour to the two other colour channels. (Making something similar
to a greyscale image.) Before running tga2df3.exe. {I forgot to do that
step in this image and will post an updated image tomorrow.}

That is the high level description. :)
Let me know if you get the drift (understand). If not I am happy to try
to explain further.

--

Regards
     Stephen