POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Dahlgren Projector. : Re: A Dahlgren Projector. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 17:53:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Dahlgren Projector.
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Aug 2016 06:52:07
Message: <57a1ccd7$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/3/2016 7:51 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> I am a bit puzzled by the stripes and not sure what might generate them.

There are two types. One caused by the sectioning of the model. The
others look like gaps.

> I suppose you have tried subdividing the model further before generating
> the df3? It has been a while since I did this exercise...

No I've not. The obj file itself is 12k in size and has 78000 vertexes
and 144500 faces.
I am rendering the TGAs at 512 by 512 with 512 slices. I will try
reducing the number if slices to see if that makes any difference.
It is irritating that PovRay takes about 14 seconds to do a save.

> On the other hand, the book is clear indeed about this so it is acceptable.

For 1975 when the book was published. I would like to do better if I can.
I have a couple of other dragons I can try but they are all thin.

--

Regards
     Stephen