POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study in sunsets : Re: Study in sunsets Server Time
20 May 2024 07:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study in sunsets
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Aug 2016 03:06:50
Message: <579ef50a$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/31/2016 7:52 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 30-7-2016 14:31, Stephen wrote:

>> On the other hand. These old tomes are heavy and bulky. But for some
>> books you need the smell of foxing. :)
>
> Who cares, I like the struggling with those old volumes fighting back by
> breaking at the spine, refusing to open correctly, showing printing
> errors... and I do /not/ mistreat them at all. ;-)  Fortunately, my wife
> has some book binding skills so the damage can be repaired when necessary.

Fortune, indeed.

I, on the other hand, have gone to the dark side. :)

>> I don't think the scorpion will work. It would either look stupid
>> standing on its hind legs or be six feet high and twenty feet long.
>> I have a dragon with gossamer wings. That should be a challenge.
>
> Dragon Lady then. I wonder how the scorpion in the book would show.

Now I will need to read the book. :)
I am trying to df3-ise a dragon model but I am running into problems
with the textures in the model. If any of my experiments look
interesting I will post the results.

>> That is one of the most stupid weapons imagined. Zelazny would have done
>> better.
>
> Ha! Yes indeed! It is the most awkward thing imaginable and pretty
> useless if you ask me except for keeping in the way when not called for.

You would need reinforced pockets that's for sure.

>> No but it did raise the standard overall. It seems to have dropped back
>> a bit now. </ Good old days rant>
>>

> That is true. I am a bit out of touch with the post-2000 vintage though.

Me too.

--

Regards
     Stephen