POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NURBS : Re: NURBS Server Time
26 Sep 2024 19:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 31 Jul 2016 19:51:28
Message: <579e8f00$1@news.povray.org>
On 24.07.2016 4:13, clipka wrote:

> What's been bothering me about POV-Ray's Bezier patches is that we don't
> have some kind of bezier mesh to support non-union CSG. Do you think you
> can throw together a nurbs mesh primitive?

 From what I remember of B-splines I think a B-spline patch
of degree d is essentially the same thing as a mesh of bezier
patches of degree d (with the smoothest possible transition
where the bezier control blocks are joined).

So I'm not sure an extra mesh object is needed since you can simply
increase the number of control points. Or maybe I misunderstood?

Now that I think about it I didn't see any mention of degree,
so maybe the new NURBS implementation is for degree 2 only?