POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study in sunsets : Re: Study in sunsets Server Time
17 May 2024 18:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study in sunsets
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jul 2016 06:22:16
Message: <579c7fd8$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/29/2016 12:48 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 29-7-2016 11:09, Stephen wrote:
>> On 7/29/2016 7:58 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> On 28-7-2016 16:08, Stephen wrote:

> It is a thought. I need to read the book again to get the mood again; it
> has been a while since last time.

My paperback is in storage. I have a epub version but it is not the same
as a hardcopy. Especially when the writing gets disjointed and tells
bits of its own story.

>> I've found a free scorpion mesh but it is not articulated. I should be
>> able to pose it in Blender.
>
> That should be possible indeed.

We will see...

>> All you would need is a loop showing at a cuff or a chest. But I am
>> getting ahead of myself. :)
>
> Yes. That would be enough and not too difficult. The kid himself should
> be rather straightforward as Poser modelling goes.

Thinking about it. Unless you are doing a closeup they won't be visible.
Hang! the chains. ;)

>> I must say that book made an impression on me. I read it in the late
>> 70's and I remember a lot.
>>

> Oh yes indeed; disturbing and fascinating at the same time. It has not
> lost its attraction either. It was a new way of writing SF at the time
> although I don't think it was really part of the 'New Wave' as promoted
> by Harlan Ellison at the time, although certainly close in concept.

I think that there was new wave and New Wave. One was used to sell books.
Cynical. Moi? :)

--

Regards
     Stephen