POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Dahlgren Projector. : Re: A Dahlgren Projector. Server Time
28 Apr 2024 21:14:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Dahlgren Projector.
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jul 2016 05:57:57
Message: <579c7a25$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/30/2016 7:46 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 30-7-2016 0:39, Stephen wrote:
>> On another thread I was discussing the book Dahlgren with Thomas.
>>
>> This is my first attempt at making a light projector. It projects a 3D
>> image of a large insect around who is wearing it.
>> I used a df3 density file that I made from a Poser model of a scarab.
>> Then put it in a emitting media container.
>>
>> Comments welcome.
>>

> That is how I imagined it to be. Well done indeed.

Thanks, I am quite pleased how it turned out.

I refined how I make df3's as well. I use the slice method taking three
passes. One for each colour channel. But there has always been a colour
imbalance with the red channel being the weakest.
After the discussion last week and understanding it a bit better. I
found a way around.
My photo editor (PSP 9) has an adjustment called "Channel Mixer". There
you can take one colour channel from the image and mix it across all of
the channels*. Mitigating PovRay's method of turning a vector into a
scalar value. I think I might be able to cut out two of the three
initial passes using that adjustment in batch mode. :)

I thought I would share before I forget.

* This method can also be yours. Send only one dollar and a S.A.E. to
the following address... ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen