POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study in sunsets : Re: Study in sunsets Server Time
17 May 2024 18:11:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study in sunsets
From: Stephen
Date: 29 Jul 2016 05:09:34
Message: <579b1d4e$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/29/2016 7:58 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 28-7-2016 16:08, Stephen wrote:

>> Good.
>> It made me think of doing an image of the kid as a scorpion.
>
> That would be interesting to do. I have pondered the complex chain
> pattern worn by him but that seems far too complicated to model
> dynamically in Poser and iirc he wore it under his clothes anyway.
> Incidentally, I saw on the web somebody who tattooed the pattern on her
> body (why not indeed?). Still, the kid is also on my (long) wish list.

Yes, the kid is more your kind of image than mine.
I am more interested in the Projector and trying to get a person inside
an illuminated Scorpion. That will probably something that is better in
the mind than in the flesh.
I've found a free scorpion mesh but it is not articulated. I should be
able to pose it in Blender.

> Lets see where that brings us. We always can combine elements into a
> grand Delany scene. :-)

Let's do that. I can't promise I'll get an effect that will be acceptable.
The optical chains remind me of the hippy beads I wore in the early
seventies. The beads were strung together in a chain with brass wire and
itched like hell. :)
All you would need is a loop showing at a cuff or a chest. But I am
getting ahead of myself. :)

>> A couple of years ago I made a start on the dress Lanya wore to the big
>> party.
>> [Un-sensuous nudity warning]
>>

> Ah yes, I remember that one. I suppose the dress needed a couple more
> subdivisions to move correctly ;-)

It was only a proof of concept. It would need a bit more work it it were
to be useful.
It was the first time I had used Poser's Walk Designer as well. And it
shows.

I must say that book made an impression on me. I read it in the late
70's and I remember a lot.

--

Regards
     Stephen