POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
25 Jun 2024 02:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Jul 2016 04:24:10
Message: <5795ccaa$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/25/2016 5:38 AM, architype wrote:
> I have always been more interested in the modelling aspects, I am particularly
> fascinated by CSGs and meshes.
> But I thought it would be fun to add some textures for a change. ;)
>
> I am in the middle of moving to a new computer, so I dont have a radiosity
> render yet.
>
> Best wishes!

There is some really nice detail, there.
I like the split carpet. How did you get it around the pillars? ;-)
The scaffolding is good, I like the textures. It has some serious safety
issues though. You should model some scaffolding clamps to hold the
thing together. :-P
One last thing. It is a good idea to have a background that is not
uniform. A sky with simple clouds on a skysphere, is a good starting
point. It adds quite a bit to the look. :-)

I am just nitpicking because it is good.
Do you use a modeller or hand code?

--

Regards
     Stephen