POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NURBS : Re: NURBS Server Time
3 May 2024 07:39:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Jul 2016 05:45:17
Message: <57948e2d$1@news.povray.org>
Le 24/07/2016 11:31, LanuHum a écrit :
> Hair in Blender - NURBS.

Duck & Cover.

As illustrated in the first post, a simple scene with only 4 nurbs of degree 6 & 3, a
box and a cylinder took already 1 minute on 6+6 cores... and there is nothing fancy in
the scene. And I do not believe the box or the cylinder to cost.

The bounding box might helps a bit, but I predict a sky-rocketed render time if you
model any individual hair with nurb, short of modeling only Britney after the barber
shop.

Of course, not a problem if using nurbs for the head of hair, with some mapped
pigments or textures.