POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : NURBS : Re: NURBS Server Time
3 May 2024 09:08:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 24 Jul 2016 01:55:33
Message: <57945855$1@news.povray.org>
Le 24/07/2016 04:13, clipka a écrit :
> What's been bothering me about POV-Ray's Bezier patches is that we don't
> have some kind of bezier mesh to support non-union CSG. Do you think you
> can throw together a nurbs mesh primitive?

what do you want ? or what is the need ?

It's a 2D finite surface, involving it in CSG does not seem to make sense (to me).
(it is rarely closed, until you glue many nurbs together)

It might be "easy" (might cost a few round tuits) to have an evaluation function like
for splines.

Something like

#declare Nu = nurbs { .... }

#for( V, 0, 1, 0.1 )
#for( U, 0, 1, 0.1 )

#declare Point = Nu.get_vertex( U, V );

#end
#end

For more round tuits, the evaluation of normal with Nu.get_normal( U, V ) can be
considered.

Would get_vertex & get_normal answer your request ?
Or did I misunderstand the need ?