POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shadow on Earth? : Re: Shadow on Earth? Server Time
19 May 2024 06:59:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shadow on Earth?
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jul 2016 15:41:44
Message: <578fd3f8$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/20/2016 6:18 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 20.07.2016 um 19:06 schrieb Stephen:

> OOoooh -- careful! This Code Monkey could accidently type a few lines of
> code that make POV-Ray crash specifically on /your/ computer. So stop
> talking, human, and hand over the bananas! ;)

Interesting that you say that.
When I was working at Taronga Zoo, in Sydney. The keepers in the Monkey
house used bananas as part of their alarm system. Every night they put a
banana beside a window. If in the morning the banana was gone. Then the
monkeys had gotten off of the inner enclosure.

>> Clouds are problematic especially in an animation. The simplest way
>> would be to use an image map.
>
> Tried that, and found it looking unconvincing. The best thing I've
> managed to come up with so far was a combination of an image map and a
> spherical function to create media with a cloud-ish density distribution.
>
> It would be cool if we had a set of cloud image maps epresenting cloud
> densities at different altitudes, but I guess such a thing doesn't exist
> (yet).

The big problem that I come up against is that All of these types of
animations are cyclic and our weather system does show the same behaviour.

--

Regards
     Stephen