POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to address last 2 components of 5-component vectors? : Re: How to address last 2 components of 5-component vectors? Server Time
17 May 2024 16:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to address last 2 components of 5-component vectors?
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 10 Jul 2016 03:03:00
Message: <5781f324$1@news.povray.org>

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Table_of_Contents#Scene_Description_Language

> That works.
> Just a few small things-
>
> "Fourth", not "Forth"
>
> Perhaps mention .gray?
>
> (curious - Was .hf eliminated, or was it never implemented?)

No, .hf is still present, but it was always only available in the function{} section,
nowhere else.
.gray is both available for function{} and on usual colours.
There is an interest for .gray, to get an evaluation of the luminosity. I hardly see
an interest for .hf outside function{}.

> The errors here:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2
> Still exist (about halfway down the page)

No error for that page, as it is a page about function{}. Just you cannot use .hf
outside of function{}.