POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flocking : Re: Flocking Server Time
5 May 2024 06:05:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flocking
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Jul 2016 10:11:34
Message: <5777cb96$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/2/2016 12:15 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 2-7-2016 11:40, Stephen wrote:
>> On 7/2/2016 8:09 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> damascene texture
>>
>> Not often you slip up with your English.
>> Damask. :-P
>
> It is confusing. Damask is certainly right, but damascene is also used
> in this context. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascening and
> especially 'Damascene in Toledo, Spain'.

True, true and true. But for cloth... ;)
My first thought on damascene is related to, "on the road to Damascus"
Checking up on my memory. I found the meaning of "damask cheek" as used
by Shakespeare. Rosy cheeked.

>> I wonder if your texture can be combined with Rune's Fur Texture.
>>

> I should revisit Rune's texture to be sure, but I suppose it should be
> possible one way or another. I was thinking in the line of a contrast of
> strong and weak (micro-) normals controlled by the pigment_pattern.

I like Rune's macro (attached). It is simple. :)

I took a look at your code but since Bishop3d does not support
pigment_pattern. I tied myself in knots with the syntax in Ver 3·62.
I'll try again when I am not doing six things at the same time. Soon
come. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen