POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Monster entry : Re: Metal Monster entry Server Time
2 Jun 2024 09:23:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Monster entry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2016 07:25:24
Message: <57725ea4$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-6-2016 12:22, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> El 28/06/16 a las 08:48, Thomas de Groot escribió:
>> Absolutely. It was about average in general if you avoided the really
>>  cheap ones. Still, even locally, the Jumilla brand was considered
>> 'good' wine in comparison with the other regions of Spain. There was
>> no one to contradict of course, and certainly not the itinerant
>> shepherds or the 'fruteros', the seasonal fruit pickers, that came
>> from outside the province. They were glad to get the wine cheap.
>>

> As with any "designation of origin" here, the quality varies greatly
> depending on the cellar. Even Ribera del Duero has some really bad wines.

I agree. One still need to be careful and taste before buying
substantial quantities. My own preferences are for Spanish and Italian
wines, above French ones. But much depends on what is available here of
course.

Interesting how we drift from a Metal Monster image towards ants (and a
possible scene) and then o.t. towards wines :-) stream of
consciousness-wise...

--
Thomas