POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Monster entry : Re: Metal Monster entry Server Time
2 Jun 2024 08:41:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Monster entry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jun 2016 02:49:02
Message: <57721dde$1@news.povray.org>
On 27-6-2016 13:38, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> El 26/06/16 a las 08:45, Thomas de Groot escribió:
>> End 60's early 70's and not on the coast or in the cities obviously
>> but in the small villages in the Province of Murcia. The quality of
>> the wine was not, hm, something to remember, but it was the cheapest.
>> Better (for your guts) was to drink wine at 5 to 10 pesetas the
>> glass.
>>

>   That explains it all: I was 5-6 years old back then... ;)

Yes, a bit young to start on the nectar of the gods perhaps ;-)

>   Also, Murcia was (and perhaps still is) one of the cheapest places in
> Spain. And back in the 60's and 70's, the good ones were reserved for
> export, so what you tasted locally was most surely bulk wine.

Absolutely. It was about average in general if you avoided the really
cheap ones. Still, even locally, the Jumilla brand was considered 'good'
wine in comparison with the other regions of Spain. There was no one to
contradict of course, and certainly not the itinerant shepherds or the
'fruteros', the seasonal fruit pickers, that came from outside the
province. They were glad to get the wine cheap.

--
Thomas