POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Monster entry : Re: Metal Monster entry Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:06:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Monster entry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Jun 2016 02:47:44
Message: <576e2910$1@news.povray.org>
On 24-6-2016 18:56, Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> El 24/06/16 a las 13:15, Thomas de Groot escribió:
>> I think this is spot on. I think I was told in Spain, many years ago,
>>  about the flies, but either the 'evil' connotation was lost, or
>> 'flies' were assimilated to evil (not without reason), or they pulled
>> my leg ;-)
>>

>   No, they really believed what they told you: it's a belief around
> south Spain, although I think it really has no scientific base. For the
> same or a similar reason, they recommend to put plastic bags filled with
> water hanging from the ceiling.

So, I remembered correctly. I was told about 50 years ago and I mistrust
those ancient reminiscences sometimes ;-)

I guess the believe has been generated from the ancient evil-banning
belief being frown upon by the Church and transferred to flies instead.
And maybe flies are considered personifications of the devil. I don't
remember about that from my chats in little villages (taverns) at that
time...

--
Thomas