POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3D uv mapping of bezier patches : Re: 3D uv mapping of bezier patches Server Time
2 May 2024 20:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D uv mapping of bezier patches
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Jun 2016 03:12:48
Message: <576a3a70$1@news.povray.org>
On 21-6-2016 22:29, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Is there a reference that better explains uv-mapping for bezier patches?
>
> It's hard to make heads or tails of how to construct a patch and uv-map it so
> that both the outside and the inside textures are oriented in a way that makes
> any sense.

I have been looking around in my POV-Ray attic but cannot find anything
useful. I thought about
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/all_shapes/shapes675e.htm but he
stays away from the more complex things and adds that these patches are
generally generated and not made by hand. I can understand that I must
say. Josh English seems to be the one most advanced on the matter.

--
Thomas