POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Monster entry : Re: Metal Monster entry Server Time
19 May 2024 08:12:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Monster entry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jun 2016 07:35:13
Message: <5767d4f1$1@news.povray.org>
On 20-6-2016 10:34, Stephen wrote:

>> In fact, my initial plan was for an Astonishing Stories pastiche cover,
>> but it was not interesting enough in the end.
>>

> I have been reading a lot of stories from the pulp era, recently. And if
> you did not plagiarise the idea ;) it would have fitted in perfectly.
> Except for the quality. :)

It has been a while since I read any of those, and essentially Doc Smith
at that, so the initial idea was entirely 'graphic' and the final one
just happened in my head as a more 'interesting' and darker substitute.

> Simak's "A Heritage of Stars" would have been a good one except your
> combination of head and holder is the only one that would not work. ;-)

That is right. Now that you mention it: "City" by same, only no
appropriate metal monster there. Jenkins would hardly fit the bill and
the dogs are lovable (not so the ants).

>>> Desolation is best left to the young. They have a knack for it.
>>
>> Don't get me started. Gloomy romanticism and all :-)
>>

> The Sorrows of Young Werther?  :-)
>
> I must dig out a copy of Winterreise. In case I need cheering up. :-)

With the music please! Dieter Fischer-Diskau!

>>> Clothes cover up a multitude of sins.
>>
>> Which, incidentally, can be the sources of interesting images again.
>>

> With a gentle fan blowing.

For instance, for instance.

--
Thomas