POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Monster entry : Re: Metal Monster entry Server Time
6 May 2024 17:37:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Monster entry
From: Stephen
Date: 20 Jun 2016 04:34:45
Message: <5767aaa5$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/20/2016 7:43 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> In fact, my initial plan was for an Astonishing Stories pastiche cover,
> but it was not interesting enough in the end.

I have been reading a lot of stories from the pulp era, recently. And if
you did not plagiarise the idea ;) it would have fitted in perfectly.
Except for the quality. :)
Simak's "A Heritage of Stars" would have been a good one except your
combination of head and holder is the only one that would not work. ;-)

>> Desolation is best left to the young. They have a knack for it.
>
> Don't get me started. Gloomy romanticism and all :-)

The Sorrows of Young Werther?  :-)

I must dig out a copy of Winterreise. In case I need cheering up. :-)

>> Clothes cover up a multitude of sins.
>
> Which, incidentally, can be the sources of interesting images again.

With a gentle fan blowing.

--

Regards
     Stephen