POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metal Monster entry : Re: Metal Monster entry Server Time
6 May 2024 09:03:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metal Monster entry
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Jun 2016 07:28:19
Message: <576681d3$1@news.povray.org>
On 19-6-2016 10:32, Stephen wrote:

>>> Well, that was the intention of course.
>>>

> All it needs is "Astonishing Stories" written large across the top. :)
>
> It is very atmospheric.

The scene needed something desolate and irreversible; the logical end
point of a fateful process where no winners can be declared.

>> Fortunately, I didn't go as far as Caravaggio: Judith beheading
>> Holofernes ;-)
>>

> Well, if you think you could? ;)

No, not really indeed. I could not work weeks on end on such a topic.

> I don't think that I could spend hours setting up such a gory scene. It
> is bad enough posing nudes. I always worry that someone will see me and
> get the wrong idea.

I do not have too many problems with that although I think it is
difficult to get nudity right and in a meaningful way for a scene. The
pitfalls are too obvious.

> The beheading would get them running for the police.

Indeed.

--
Thomas