POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lemon is ready : Re: The lemon is ready Server Time
18 May 2024 19:11:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lemon is ready
From: clipka
Date: 3 Jun 2016 14:08:54
Message: <5751c7b6$1@news.povray.org>
Am 26.05.2016 um 16:15 schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> On LemonLeft, parsing occurs up to the inner radius, then the message is
> written and the object so far get replaced with a sphere.
> Then parsing continue and find sturm, which is not supported by a sphere.
>
> Notice that the same issue would occurs with current ovus (when the top
> radius is more than twice the bottom radius).

That should never happen. The syntax of an object MUST NOT change
depending on how it is represented internally.

> For lemon, I could replace with another object which would support
> sturm, but is it really needed ? or even wanted ?

You'll have to stick with an ovus-/lemon-specific parsing code, and just
silently ignore "sturm" if you replace the object.

Maybe a smarter way to approach this would be to first completely
construct an ovus/lemon, and in a "post-processing" step replace it with
a fitting sphere.