POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "Smart" objects : Re: "Smart" objects Server Time
1 May 2024 23:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Smart" objects
From: clipka
Date: 31 May 2016 11:36:58
Message: <574daf9a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 30.05.2016 um 16:20 schrieb Bald Eagle:

> The way I envision this working, is likely through the use of macros, where
> rather than using object {} to place something in the scene, a macro is called,
> which can return values to be handled in some way by the SDL.

I'm not sure I have much of a clue what you want to achieve, but I have
a hunch that it might be a project where the new 3.7.1 "tuple-style
assignment" may come in handy, which allows macros to return more than a
single value, like so:

    #macro Foo (Whatever)
      #local Result1 = ...;
      #local Result2 = ...;
      (Result1, Result2)
    #end

    #declare (Fnord1,Fnord2) = Foo(4711);

The values may even be of entirely different types.