POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lemon is ready : Re: The lemon is ready Server Time
18 May 2024 19:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lemon is ready
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 30 May 2016 11:57:31
Message: <574c62eb@news.povray.org>
Le 30/05/2016 16:42, William F Pokorny a écrit :
> On 05/29/2016 01:32 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>>
>> Thanks you for your input, on that point as well as the noisy surface when radius
is exactly the minimal one.
>> It should be corrected with the new (and hopefully last) change on the lemon.
>>
>>> If we are going to jump to the 0.499999/2 radius on substitution as we do today, I
vote we go back to an error message.

>> If the vertices are identical, an error message is issued (same as for
cylinder/cone)
>> If the third radius is too small, it is adjusted to the smallest value and a
warning is written, thus allowing sturm and open without problem. So, no more
discontinuity, but no shrinking either.

>> and for extra benefit, when the third radius is the minimal one, a sphere is used
instead of the torus part, removing the problem of noise on the surface due to
coincident surface.

> Unfortunately, I am still seeing noise at the 0.5 radius with the following code
giving us the three rows in the attached image.

I agree there is still something on the surface, when used with a metallic reflection.
But the coincidence surface seems to not be the cause.

If anyone has a clue, feel welcome to share.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lo.png' (191 KB) Download 'lo.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'lo.png'
lo.png