POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Ovus : Re: Ovus Server Time
14 May 2024 14:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ovus
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 25 May 2016 15:50:37
Message: <5746020d$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/25/2016 08:06 AM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 04/05/2016 à 17:42, clipka a écrit :
>
> Please provide some suggestions about an acceptable syntax.

Forgive me for being slow to understand, but is the
lemon/barrel/ogive(1) then going to be added as new object and the
current ovus made at little more flexible - rather than folding all the
function recently discussed into one object?

Guess, my thinking is if we are doing the new barrel object, we can
duplicate the new ovus function for which we need syntax by adding
spheres to the end of the new lemon/barrel/ogive.

Suppose taking it the other way around, if we update the ovus only,
nothing stops us from chopping off the ends to match the
lemon/barrel/ogive. Though we'd not have the 'open' mode that way.

(1) - Taking the barrel/ogive to be the improved ovus less the two end
spheres ?

Bill P.