POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : query - disappearing balls of fire : Re: query - disappearing balls of fire Server Time
28 Apr 2024 11:10:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: query - disappearing balls of fire
From: Warp
Date: 23 May 2016 11:34:46
Message: <57432316@news.povray.org>
Bob Frew <bob### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
> I had always thought of a plane as like a piece of thin paper and the
> "inside/outside" as more of a consistency thing with other objects.

A plane is a shape of infinite volume. One side is the inside, and
the other side is the outside.

If you eg. make a cube as an intersection of six planes (with their
normal vectors all pointing out of the cube), it will be a solid
shape, just like a box (in the sense that povray considers "solid";
ie. it can be used in CSG, and it won't contain media/fog by default).

--
                                                          - Warp