POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just dawdling : Re: Just dawdling Server Time
1 Jun 2024 02:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just dawdling
From: Ive
Date: 23 May 2016 07:10:21
Message: <5742e51d$1@news.povray.org>

> I agree with Kenneth: while the rules are there to be followed
> strictly... they need also to be broken when artistic needs call for it
> and yield interesting results.

Let me get this straight: you are trying to use a depth map but do not
get the result you desire, so you ask for help. I give you an
explanation why it is not working es you expect and also a hint what you
should do.
But - you cannot agree with that because you would feel limited in your
artistic freedom.
Hmm, that's like Vermeer would have said: mixing black and white gives
me a shade of gray and not gold. So now I cannot express myself anymore
and the pearl earrings will remain unfinished.

-Ive