POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Erroneous CCT comments in Lightsys IV : Re: Erroneous CCT comments in Lightsys IV Server Time
8 May 2024 03:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Erroneous CCT comments in Lightsys IV
From: Ive
Date: 22 May 2016 14:54:03
Message: <5742004b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 5/20/2016 um 2:46 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> In the file espd_cie_standard.inc, the correlated color temperatures of
> illuminants B, C, and F9 are given as 5860 K, 6769 K, and 6150 K,
> respectively, in the comments.  As far as I can determine, those values
> should be 4874 K, 6774 K, and 4150 K.
>
> Being only in the comments, these errors do not affect the operation of
> Lightsys IV.

Just seen this post and you are right - almost. 6150K seems to be an
unspotted typo and 5860K is plain wrong.
So, to be sure and in case there is a color scientist reading this, I've
recalculated the values using the method of A. R. Robertson as described
in "Color Science: Concepts and Methods, Quantitative Data and Formulae"
by G. Wyszecki and W. S. Stiles.
The result:
illuminant B: 4871 K
illuminant C: 6774 K

So you are close with B and perfect with C in whatever way you've
determined it and thanks for spotting the errors.

P.S. @Jaime: in case you are updating lightsys, please use these values
and change it also within your version of CIE.inc where the values are
4882K and 6769K - the result of some lazy way I've used at this time to
calculate it.

-Ive