POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : ask help for Installation :) : Re: ask help for Installation :) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:01:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ask help for Installation :)
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 19 May 2016 12:58:37
Message: <573df0bd$1@news.povray.org>
On 05/19/2016 10:46 AM, Mengshi wrote:
> Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:

>>> Configure POV-Ray version 3.6.1
>>
>> Do you really need and want to install 3.6 when 3.7 is available ?
>
> Yes, I want to use a software which is based on the 3.6 version.

It's been a while since I did a 3.6 compile, but last time on Ubuntu
14.04 I ran configure with:

./configure COMPILED_BY="WFP" --disable-lib-checks

to use the packaged libraries in the 3.6 tarball. However, with the
above configure stopped when a mktime test subprocess hung in a loop. I
had to manually kill the mktime subprocess after which configure finished.

I could then do:

make clean
make

successfully.