POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just dawdling : Re: Just dawdling Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:57:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just dawdling
From: Alain
Date: 18 May 2016 15:35:09
Message: <573cc3ed$1@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5246ef8f%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=408176&toff=450&mtop=387104

> I missed that.
> How did you make the df3 file? I take images in an animation of a box
> slicing the object. Then stitching them into a df3 using tga3df3. It is
> a bit time consuming and the layers are obvious.

You can reduce the obviousness of the layers by using interpolation.
In many cases, linear interpolation is enough. If you use tricubic
interpolation, be sure that you have a non-zero background to prevent
the artefacts caused by negative intermediate values that tend to be
interpreted as large positive values.