POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just dawdling : Re: Just dawdling Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:00:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just dawdling
From: Stephen
Date: 18 May 2016 07:46:09
Message: <573c5601$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/18/2016 12:26 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 18-5-2016 11:38, Stephen wrote:

>>> Indeed! The df3 way is a good one. If you remember, I used the technique
>>> for making ghostly material figures a couple of years ago.
>>>

>> No, I cannot remember. Would you post a link?

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C5246ef8f%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=408176&toff=450&mtop=387104

I missed that.
How did you make the df3 file? I take images in an animation of a box
slicing the object. Then stitching them into a df3 using tga3df3. It is
a bit time consuming and the layers are obvious.

>> I quite liked the effect but it is the wrong one for what you wanted.
>>

> Not that wrong, but interesting nonetheless in the present context.

Yes, that's what I thought.
--

Regards
     Stephen