POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Just dawdling : Re: Just dawdling Server Time
18 Jun 2024 10:14:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just dawdling
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 May 2016 07:30:39
Message: <5739af5f$1@news.povray.org>
On 16-5-2016 10:16, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 16/05/2016 09:32, Thomas de Groot a écrit :
>> I need a bit of help. I made a depth_map of a Poser head (see attached) and thought
that using it in the Rockhead code would be straightforward. It is, except that the
face remains flat with hardly a hint of features. I believe there is nothing wrong
with the depth_map
>> itself, so how can I improve on this? Here is the basic code used:
>> ================================
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> If it can help... look at attached scene
>
> then compare with your scene. (and please next time, give me camera & light sources
too)

Like Kenneth said, the contrast of the depth_map is too small. I had
been thinking about that but am not sure about what the best way to go
would be to achieve that.

Otherwise yes, Sam's code shows the map on both opposite sides of the
isosurface.

Shall give camera and light next time. Personally, I always prefer to
put the code to test into my own generalised scene.

--
Thomas