POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lemon is ready : Re: The lemon is ready Server Time
2 May 2024 23:45:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lemon is ready
From: clipka
Date: 8 May 2016 20:43:38
Message: <572fdd3a$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.05.2016 um 21:33 schrieb Le_Forgeron:

> lemon { P1, R1, P2, R2, R3 ... }
>
> similar to cone { P1, R1, P2, R2 ...} but connected with a lemon (inner circle of a
torus) of radius R3.

Not happy at all with the term "lemon" here, because it only fits the
special case R1=R2=0 (which btw is already covered by the torus in 3.7.1)

The term "ogive" would at least be technically fitting for cases where
only one of R1 and R2 is zero; the term "barrel", too, would be fitting
for more cases than "lemon".

Also, I suspect that specifying R3 as the maximum radius may be more
useful for practical purposes -- and am wondering what the uv_mapping
rules might be (I think, ideally they should match those of the "cone"
primitive).