POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RAM consumption increasing steadily. Rendering 100k images : Re: RAM consumption increasing steadily. Rendering 100k images Server Time
4 May 2024 23:10:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RAM consumption increasing steadily. Rendering 100k images
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 7 May 2016 04:32:57
Message: <572da839$1@news.povray.org>

> I wouldn't be surprised if the memory leaks turned out to be related
> not so much to /what/ you populate your scene with, but /how/.

   First, let see if I understand this correctly: in an animation where
there are the same exact number of objects, and only some objects move,
the memory consumption should stay stable from the first frame, isn't?

   If so, I see a little increase from frame to frame on a test I did:
along 1000 frames, the memory increased some 300K. And in this special
case, there is only /what/, not any /how/... the movement was calculated
with the bullet physics playground, and as such there are no
calculations, no functions, no macros, no splines. Only a different
include for each frame with the same objects using different matrix values.

--
jaime