POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ship's Wheel : Re: Ship's Wheel Server Time
10 May 2024 11:45:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ship's Wheel
From: Bob Frew
Date: 6 May 2016 05:59:17
Message: <572c6af5@news.povray.org>
On 04/05/2016 13:41, Bob Frew wrote:
> Hi
> thought I'd post my latest amusement. (keeps me off the streets)
>
> Started life as a a wheel on a pirate ship, but looks more like the
> wheel from a luxury cruiser. So decided to make it a "recycled" wheel
> sometime in the future when humanity has merged with robots to enable
> space exploration.
>
> Thoughts appreciated
> Alternate name for the ship ??
>
> Bob

Hi,
many thanks for input.  I know you are right.
Although I've been playing for years, there is quite a long list of POV
features where my knowledge is abysmal.

Textures and lighting are two of them. There is only a single white
light source in my scene.

I was originally thinking of a wheel cut from one block, but as you say
it would more likely be "constructed" and possibly stronger in consequence.

Have found a tutorial on radiosity on POV-Wiki so will move outside the
"comfort zone" and give it another try.

			cheers   .. Bob