POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : concentric blobs clouds : Re: concentric blobs clouds Server Time
20 May 2024 09:08:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: concentric blobs clouds
From: Alain
Date: 4 May 2016 12:28:58
Message: <572a234a@news.povray.org>
Le 16-05-04 01:53, Jaime Vives Piqueres a écrit :
> Thanks, Thomas, John... see if these cirrus look better.
>
> --
> jaime

Usualy, cirrus clouds looks rather flat due to their altitude and their
small vertical extent.
My take would be to use a plane or very large, somewhat flattened,
sphere and use an image_map. Just be sure to set that to no_shadow.
Anyway, normaly, cirrus don't cast noticeable shadows as they are so thin.

Personaly, I'v seen some cases where you have cirrus above some other
clouds formations. Even cirrus above other cirrus, in this case, it's
usualy strato-cirrus above cirrus.

Alain